Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mended Broken Heart

Last year several of my friends lost their children.

My heart was just broken for them.

And, it continues to mourn with them.

I’ve wondered why Heavenly Father would take these perfect babies, whether they were 3 or 12, into his arms and away from their parents.

Part of me was kinda angry at Him, for them.

My faith let me believe that there was a reason and that was all I needed, but I am positive my faith would’ve been pretty stricken if it was my child, just as it was when we received Leah’s diagnosis.

So…

About a month or two ago Elijah asked me, “What happens to kids when they die, are they grown up in their ‘perfect’ state or are they still kids?”

I told him I wasn’t sure and to ask his daddy or his Primary teacher if they knew.

I was so grateful for our church at that time, as I am most times, because of its encouragement to ask questions and seek answers.

This was definitely a question I was very interested in hearing the answer to.

Elijah came to me a few weeks later and said,

“Oh yeah mom, I asked Brother Durrant the other day that question about babies.”

-(By then I forgot all about the question)

-Brother Durrant is his Primary teacher.

“He said that when children die, their parents get to raise them when they get to heaven. So they might miss out on a lot of things on Earth but when they are all in heaven they do it together there, just better.”

Pretty profound, huh?

It definitely gives me comfort for my friends.

It’s just another reason why I love Heavenly Father so much, He always has the perfect answers for every situation.

I am also grateful for Elijah’s curious mind and how he was able to put my restless mind at ease with his curiosity.





No comments:

Post a Comment