Friday, July 2, 2010

Today...

So, the speech evaluation was a just a “snapshot” of Leah’s abilities. According to the “charts” Leah is exactly where a 9-11 month old should be. Her speech is still considered, “within normal limits,” so we’ll just keep tugging along and progressing.

Leah is also emerging in MANY cognitive and physical areas…

She is beginning to crawl (she takes about 5-6 “steps” then falls flat on her tummy).

She is starting to recognize the names of people she loves.

She is starting to follow directions.

She is starting to point.

She is starting to sign.

She is starting to pull herself up to stand.

The ONLY television show she likes is “Singing Times,” thanks Dori Anne!

She LOVES to sing and dance!

Yep, we have a little miracle baby! ;)

Not that we ever wondered otherwise.

This Down syndrome stuff isn’t so tough after all…

I have never smiled more then I smile today.

I have never loved more then I love today.

I have never enjoyed life more then I do today.

I feel so blessed on days like today!


2 comments:

  1. ... and you should feel blessed! Love this happy post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen, for another beautiful post. Way to go, Leah!!!

    ReplyDelete